venerdì 6 novembre 2009

Summer morning

It's 5 o'clock in the morning, my eyes are open. The sunlight goes through the curtains, giving me the impression that if I drew them the light might blind me. I remain in bed wondering.
If I stay here I will start to think about an unreal life - that is what I do every morning and night in bed, but it doesn't mean that the unreal life is the same every day - on the other hand if I get up I will have to think about something to do.
What do people usually do at 5 o'clock in the morning? Magazines and newspapers don't speak enough about this, there isn't any supplement about 5 o'clock lifestyle.
Long time ago I read something about who wakes up early to go to work. I remember the pictures in this book, of men, workers such as bakers who go out where it's still night. This doesn't apply in my case because there is light here.
In this 5 o'clock I'm not alone: my flatmate, who lives in the main bedroom, is speaking in a loud voice. I wonder if he is having an argument with somebody. Who could it be? Mukul, his friend and my stalker? Coul be her girlfriend, who I've never seen? Is he praying? I don't think so. However, his voice is too loud for saying important things, so my attention is drawn back to my bedroom and the sun crouched behind the curtains.
I've decided. I get up. I will lift the head from the pillow. I will remove the back from the sheet. I will put my feet on the floor feel for my slippers putting my feet in the wrong sides. I will go to the toilet wearing the wrong slippers trying to avoid banging into the opened wardrobes's shutter and I'll also try to avoid stumbling over a bulky package of winter clothes not yet unwrapped.
I will enter the toilet without switching on the light and without closing the door, once there I will think how good I am in not stumbling through my disorder. If only I didn't have that accident with my glasses two weeks ago.
I will swear my glasses fixed with the adhesive tape and then I will go to the kitchen an will spread on bread the Wilkinson jam, that here is cheaper than in Italy.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento